Friday, October 31, 2008

October 2008

Due to harassing emails & snide comments (ROB & JAN!), I am finally updating the blog. I've been a little busy. October was a busy month. We a had a wonderful visit to Garrett County at the beginning of the month to take part in the Autumn Glory Festivities. Tom actually got some time off of work, so we did lots of visiting with the Beachys for a few days. The weather was perfect fall weather...leaves were beautiful, sun was shining, and temperature was unseasonably warm for Garrett County. Sami & Claire had a blast at Grandma & Pap Beachys, and Tom, Kerri, & I got to see many old friends.
Sami also celebrated her 1st Birthday on the 26th. Corey & Cole graciously let us have the party at their "kid friendly" home. It was a great mini-vacation for me. Cole is always up bright & early, so I woke up to coffee already made & Libby happy to see me every morning. Cole & I worked as a great team helping each other out with the kids...I think I may have to move in. Sami had lots of guests: Mommy, Daddy, Sissy Claire, Grandma Candy & PawPaw Harold, Cole, Libby, Joe, Aunt Kerri & Uncle Will, Uncle Rob & Aunt Tia, Grandma & Pap Beachy, Uncle Michael, & Cuz Jenna Sue. Sami got lots of great new toys. They are making my life easier by keeping her occupied while I work. I think her favorite is the baby doll (Daisy) that Grandma Candy got for her...the doll has hot pink shoes that come off & on & off & on...
Sami still hasn't taken those first steps on her own yet, but she is a master at cruising. She is very eager to learn new words. When we are reading books, we have very long pauses on each page in order for her to concentrate on how to say the words. Words she has down pat: ball (anything round is a ball including Oswald on Noggin), baby (she gives all baby dolls kisses when she sees one), banana (pronounced nana of course), kitty, meow, quack quack, woof woof, oink oink, cheese, mama & dada indiscriminately, shoe (she loves to wear shoes....well, she likes you to put them on, then she takes them off, then I put them back on, etc.), bye bye (she said this a lot with her Grandma Beachy knowing she would take Sami outside), Pap Pap or Bob Bob for Pap Beachy, no no (she says this anytime she knows she is doing something she shouldn't & then crawls at full speed away from me), and she tries to say sissy for Claire but always in a whisper.
OK, so her are some pics (and videos too)...

Me & my girls in Garrett County

Daddy & Sami


Sami & Aunt Kerri

Claire taking a break from raking leaves

Sami sharing leaves

Sami blending in with the scenery

We actually knew someone in the parade this year...JennaSue

Sami & Libby dressed up for Halloween...this is the only pic I could get: no one was cooperating--Joe had already spit up on his Halloween outfit, and Sami & Libby weren't in the mood for pictures.

Sami sharing leaves again

Sami on her new rocking giraffe

Libby enjoyed Sami's new giraffe more than Sami
Libby was also very helpful to Sami with the opening of presents since Sami didn't have a clue & Libby is getting to be an expert now at age 2 1/2

Claire reading Sami her new book of animal sounds

Sami & Claire before trick-or-treating
This a video of Joe laughing & Tom's mom (10/26/08)

Here is a video of Sami's first taste of sugar (10/26/08)
This is a video of Evan blowing on Sami...he would get so tickled at himself that he could hardly blow (10/31/08)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you buy the kid some better clothes? She's not a HollyHobbie or a product of the 70's.

anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Casey. I will try not to be snide but I love little Snidely (heh) The autumn pics of you and your girls are beautiful - those are the best colors for all of you.

Anonymous said...

How long do we have to wait for the next effin entry?

anonymous said...

Prolly when Sami is in college. Hope she's walking by then, but who would know since there's no video.

Anonymous said...

Tough crowd.