So, it has taken me awhile to post, but I have a good excuse. The baby arrived a littler earlier than expected. So, here is the story...
So it was Friday evening and I had just finished up work and felt completely exhausted. I called Kerri to beg her to go get a pedicure with me...I so wanted to sit in that great massage chair. I couldn't talk Kerri into it, so I decided to lay down in bed for a bit and rest. 20 minutes later at 5:20pm, I felt what I thought was my water breaking. I yelled for Claire, she came running, and wanted to run right back out...she said she didn't think she could handle this after looking at the bed. I told her to call Aunt Kerri and Uncle Will for I knew they could get to me faster than Tommy could since he was still at work. Kerri thought she was lying, and that we were trying to trick her into coming over to go get that pedicure. After a little convincing, Kerri and Will were on their way. Claire made the other important phone calls...Mom first because she had 2 1/2 hours of traveling ahead of her. Claire even called her best friend back in Morgantown (Melissa) to let her know her sister was coming. I was in and out of the shower before Kerri and Will arrived. I called Tommy...he was on his way home from work, and he too thought I was lying. He didn't want to show up at the hospital and me not be there. I was having contractions every four minutes on the dot, but they weren't very painful. With my past labor experience, I figured I had plenty of time and decided to "Google" water breaking due to the large amount of blood that I saw. This made Will a bit nervous as he just wanted to get me to the hospital. So, after I got some info off of the Internet and Kerri put on some make-up, we were all off to the hospital. Will kept track of my contractions as he drove the speed limit (per Kerri's request) to the hospital. Tom walked in the door of the hospital right behind us which means no speed limits were being followed by him. Kerri and Claire checked me in while Tom took me to the second floor....
Tom wasn't allowed to go back to my room with me. They told him he would have to wait 30 minutes while they got me situated. I told the nurse my water had broken & there was a lot of blood. She continued to get the monitor set up until she saw all of the blood. The next thing I new, there were about 6 people in my room asking me a lot of questions. The doctor did an ultrasound and determined my placenta was tearing away from my uterus, and they would have to do an emergency c section. I thought "OK, I can deal with this...it's the last thing I wanted to happen, but OK." They started to wheel me down the hallway, and I looked up and saw Tom. He asked them if he could go, and they told him no because they were putting me under. WHAT!?! Then they were running me down the hallway, and I was panicking. When they transferred me to the operating table I asked them why I had to be put under, and the doctor said there was not time to administer an epidural because the placenta was 90% torn away from the uterus which could cause the baby to loose oxygen completely if we waited any longer. I got a little panicky, borderline hyperventilating. I had no one in there to tell me everything was going to be okay....the baby?...me? I would say within 2 minutes I was out. Next thing I knew I was being asked if I recognized this person...it was Tom. I was told I had a healthy baby girl 7 lbs. 2 oz. I got to take a peek at her as they wheeled me from the recovery room to my regular room, and I was relieved. I didn't get to hold her for a couple of hours, but when I finally did I wondered why in the world I waited 10 years to do this again...I fell in love with her instantly.
Sami had many visitors at the hospital...
Claire of course who was so helpful to me in the hospital. Aunt Kerri, Uncle Will, Grandma Candy, Amanda Morris, Misty Jackson, and Great-Grandma May.
Above is Great Grandma May who was the first to get Sami to wake up a little bit. She was looking around finally at her surroundings.
Aunt Kerri spent a lot of time with us at the hospital. She couldn't put Sami down.
No comments:
Post a Comment